Monday, August 17, 2009

Where have we been the last 6 months?

If your wondering what the Derflers have been doing the last 6 months I will tell you. We have been very busy. We took a trip to Vegas as a family in April to see my brother Thad (buzz) and had so much fun that the kids didn't want to come home. On the way back Macie got really sick and was throwing up and crying the whole way it took us 8 hours to get back, and she ended up in the ER with a sever kidney infection:(.

Swimming at the hotel (it was only 50 degrees)

shopping at the Galleria Mall


The Madalay Bay Shark exhibit

Circus Circus

Ceasars Palace

This summer has also been very action packed. We stated out with 3 kids playing ball. Corey played on his VIP league again. Macie played t-ball, and Abbey played softball. We lived at the ball park for the month of may and June and part of July. Abbey had such a great and fun team and the coaches were great!!! She was so excited when she got to pitch in one of the games. Her team went on to win 1st place in Spingville, which sent them to the state tournament. At the state tournament we played for 3 days. It was HOT and fun! We took 2nd place!!!

Though this I also got another kidney stone and had surgery. Then in July I got really sick for 2 weeks where I couldn't keep anything in me. I had been to the doctor several times and they didn't know what it was. I just kept getting worse. After 2 weeks I finally was admitted to the hospital with giardia. I have no idea where I got this parasite. But I will tell you this. I hope I NEVER get it again!!!!!!!!!

August has brought us new hope. I feel better than I have in 2 years! We have been going swimming, and trying to catch up on all the things that we missed while I was sick. We also had a great time at the cabin with my mom riding four wheelers and throwing rocks in the river. We saw lots of deer, we even saw a 2 point. We also went to a demolition derby which was a ton of fun. Everyone but Macie loved it. (Corey had a baby sitter.)

Brayden and Macie on the four wheelers

Corey thowing rocks in the river


a doe with a fawn

Sean and Brayden seeing whos rock will make a bigger splash

Throwing Macie in the river



Hopefully it won't take me so long to update again.....

0 comments: