Monday, December 29, 2008

Reflections of the past year!

As I look back at the year 2008 there were so many blessings and gifts that I would never have asked to receive. Along with the trials and hardships that my family has faced. We have had a tough year medically as many of you know. Sean spent 10 days in the hospital with pneumonia and some of them in the ICU. I have never in my life felt closer to the lord then at this time. I am so thankful for all of the love that I received from friends and family. With out there support I wouldn't have made it through what seemed like a never ending nightmare.

I also just have been struggling with my health to which doesn't make life at our house very easy some days. I had surgery #6 & 7 this year, with in a month of each other, but once again I am healing very quickly and my arm feels great. My arthritis seems to be under some control at the moment so I have been able to do the things that my kids want me to do it has been fun.

Speaking of kids I can't believe how fast they grow. I cried on Christmas morning when Abbey came to me with her hair all perfectly straight and done so cute. (she did it all by herself, with her new straighting iron) Macie is learning to read and it is so cute how she want to know how to spell everything. Brayden I think is becoming interested in girls (don't let him know I put that on here or he will kill me) Corey is so excited to be 10 and what a great kid he is. He is so caring and loving.

I was also blessed to go back to work this year. I truly love my job. I have found that work can actually be enjoyable. It is also nice that my kids are at the school so if anyone needs me they can just come and find me. It also helps me with my photography, I was starting to get burned out, but now I enjoy it so much more.

I am also really glad that we didn't move to the bigger house that we had already put money down on. It really has been a blessing to stay here in our smaller house. While we are cramped for space and long for something new we know that this is where we are supposed to be. There is a reason for everything and I truly believe that we are here for some reason that we may just not know yet.

0 comments: